Pawriffic Pet Sitting
Pawriffic Pet Sitting is owned and operated by Jelica . Jelica has spent years caring for animals, including 20 plus years of pet ownership and responsibility, and 4 years of work as a veterinary assistant in Monterey, California. Jelica is a proud parent of three dogs, all of whom were either adopted or rescued. She has also been the owner of cats, parakeet, five goats, and four Barbados sheep when she lived in the foothills. In her spare time, Jelica loves to go give back to the community. She is a board member of 4 R Friends: The Street Vets, a local nonprofit helping homeless and low-income pet owners with medical support (free vaccines, deworming, food, flea prevention, etc.). She loves the outdoors and can be found fishing, camping, hiking, and spending time with her family.
Since Jelica can remember, she has always wanted to be either a marine biologist or veterinarian. Her dream came true in 2002 when she received her B.S. in Marine and Coastal Ecology and has been working as a consultant for the past 12 years. Although she did not become a veterinarian, her love and appreciation for the animal kingdom, both wild and domestic, never went away. Jelica wants to use the same eagerness, dedication, and drive to success with Pawriffic Pet Sitting and show her friends, family, and clients, that you can have more than one dream in life – LIFE is an adventure!
Elissa’s love for animals began at a very young age. When Elissa was little and people asked her what she wanted to be when she grows up, she would respond with ” I want to be a cat feeder“. She has worked in the veterinary field for over twelve years and is comfortable administering medications and injections. Elissa is also an active volunteer with 4 R Friends: The Street Vets. She often houses foster dogs in need of medical attention until they are cleared for adoption. Elissa’s currently pet family includes Lady Champagne and Jazzy. In her spare time she enjoys hiking with her dogs, and spending time soaking up the sunshine.
Pawriffic Pet Sitting is based on the belief that pets are most comfortable in their own environment and can thrive and even enjoy themselves while their owners are away if they have someone caring for them who will go beyond the necessities.Our job doesn’t end with food, water and a quick pet on the head. We always gives each pet in her care the love, affection and playtime they need while their owners are away. We love developing deep bonds with our clients.
Pawriffic Pet Sitting, which is licensed and insured, was founded in April 2010.
PETS PLACED IN KENNELS OFTEN EXPERIENCE:
- Small, cramped cages
- Loud, continuous barking
- Exposure to illness (that’s why they need their “shots” before they can board)
- Experience a lot of stress
- Constant commotion with numerous employees and upset pets
- Only two to three short periods of outside time
- Most pets do not eat in kennels due to high levels of stress
- Not enough one on one attention
- An extra night stay due to limited pet pick up times
WITH PAWRIFFIC PET SITTING SERVICES YOUR PET ENJOYS:
- Their normal routine, less stress
- Long walks and plenty of outside time
- Cuddle time and sweet talk
- Little or no stress (including you)
- Cat litter gets changed
- Accidents on the floor or furniture get cleaned up
- Favorite toys and chew treats
- Special dietary needs or preferences
- Access to your pet-sitter to check on your pets at anytime
- If you run out of food, we’ll get some more
- If a trip to the vet is necessary, your pets are in good hands